The Vera Fletcher Hall in Thames Ditton offers a varied programme of entertainment - classical and contemporary music, children's shows, drama & light entertainment. The Vera Fletcher Hall in Embercourt Road is the old Victorian Village Hall built in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee as a gift to the community from local benefactor Hannibal Speer, Lord of the Manor of Weston. With active support and fund-raising by the Residents' Association, the Hall was in 1991 restored to a well-equipped, intimate theatre/concert hall/pocket opera house by night, providing a space for classes, meetings by day.
The Hall has introduced many to opera, on a small scale but of high quality at affordable prices; and, above all, accessible.
There is a licensed cash bar. It is easy to get to the Hall, which is fifty yards from Thames Ditton railway station and less from the nearest bus stop. Parking is not a problem on the roads nearby.
- On road parking
- Licensed Bar
- Disable access