Knipton is attractively sited in the wooded valley of the little River Devon. It is an estate village to Belvoir Castle and as such reflects this in the majority of buildings. The Church, dedicated to 'All Saints' is set in the heart of the village. It has a bold west tower built partly in the 13th century.
A top storey was added in the 15th c. Much of the rest of the building dates from these periods and was heavily restored between 1845-6 and again in 1869 when the South aisle was added. The interior is attractive and cool with its white walls adding much to the feeling of a prayerful place. It has always been well maintained.
The village also has an excellent shop and Post Office, an active village hall which hosts 'Messy Church' and 'The Manners Arms' owned by the Belvoir Estate which apart from being a public house is also a restaurant and hotel.
To avoid any confusion please note that All Saint's is also known as High Framland Knipton Church, All Saints.